Friday, April 19, 2013

A little Peek


This little one is growing up. Yesterday, she said "yes" for the first time. It sounded more like "yah." She still doesn't talk much, no sentences yet. Hearing her recount a story is the funniest thing. The other day she was trying to tell me about how she fell down. She pointed at the ground, said "BOOM!" and then "down," with a sad face. Toddlers are the most precious little people. I can hardly bear to think about the fact that there are people in the world who would intentionally hurt them.

Some peeks at the little lovely


UntitledUntitledModeling for me after I told her I was taking a picture


Untitled

Naptime!!


UntitledUntitled
In her favorite shirt playing in her favorite place (the dirt) 


UntitledUntitled 
 Playing hide and seek and grocery shopping

Our day-to-day life is pretty low-key. I work most of the day, and we spend the evenings together. Lately, she waits for me to get home out in the front yard (with Grandma, of course), running in the grass. On most days, the first thing she wants to do is nurse, and we usually sit on the front steps because she doesn't want to go in. She knows the way to the park, so she'll point us in that direction. I have to run inside and change out of my work clothes before we go, and she cries about that because it means going indoors, but we eventually get there. At some point I eat dinner, with one hand and it's usually cold.

She's a delight, and while I enjoy working, I wish I didn't have to work as much as I do (but that's a post for another day). But the Lord cares for me, and for her, even in this. And this little one ADORES her grandma and grandpa, and I don't see that as anything but a good thing, a good gift from Jesus.

Even with the bitter, life is sweet. Spring is all around, and the blooming of the earth mirrors the blooming in my own heart. My life is gospel grace embodied, I feel it all the way down, into my marrow, see it everywhere I look. And even when it's hard to be thankful, I am thankful. All I have to do is look at the pictures above, see the promise in that beautiful face.

Of course He is good. Undeniably, He is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts.